Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

3/52

This week, I feel totally stale. I've been feeling just very low and mopey, so trying to capture my boys in an artistic and beautiful way throughout the day has been challenging. I've been scraping by just enough. Survival mode. I haven't been feeling very inspired and sentimental, and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the weather. Or maybe with the fact that we rarely leave the confines of our little two bedroom dwelling. It could be that Andrew has been stressed which rubs off on me, or that Oliver is stir crazy and driving me to drink, or even the fact that Dexter has sworn off solid chunks of sleep for good. All of those things have mixed and fused and turned into this hot steaming turd that is my every day life as of late.

How's that for mellow dramatic?

Nonetheless, that's January for you. It just so happens that Oliver's and my birthday land in this stale, unexciting, frigid month

And the fuse to my temper is shorter than ever. For instance, I just took a brief intermission to eat Indian takeout with Oliver for the 533rd time this month and shouted at him to "JUST SIT DOWN AT THE TABLE AND EAT!" with perhaps more colorful language than that. Why? Because as I was dishing up, Dexter got his fingers caught in a (yes, non-baby-proofed) bottom kitchen drawer. My fuse is short, my friends. Send sunshine and California temps STAT! Better yet, book us one-way tickets there.

What if I say please? Maybe even a pretty please?


(3/52)

1 comment: