Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Short & Sweet.

In an attempt to keep this bloggy ball rolling, I'm forcing myself to do more than my average novel-long posts. I'm really going to try to just update as often as I can (or as often as the littles will allow me, I should say). I pre-apologize if this post is all over the place and painfully boring. I'm rusty. So, here goes...


We are getting over a vast sea of illnesses after illnesses. We've had colds three different times already this Fall and Oliver, the poor bunny, ended up with a stomach bug on top of it all. Our laundry has piled up, the floors need a good scrub down, and don't even get me started on the state of our bathrooms. I can't give my all to everything, so I have been forced to make choices, and of course...snuggles trump scrubbing toilets.



With that said, we are planning on getting the house sorted this weekend and we are (gasp) going to decorate and set up the Christmas tree. Typically, we are the after-Thanksgiving-setter-uppers (not by my choosing, however) because obviously there can't be Christmas without the annual binge-fest that comes before it. However, this year, I am just really unsure of how long the tree will actually get to stand without grabby little baby mitts tearing at its prickly base. We are still strategizing. Plus, it was the husband's idea to set it up early this year! Music to a crazed early carol-singing, early cookie-making breaks-out-her-Christmas-sweaters-a-bit-too-soon mom's ears.



The holidays are my jam. I mean, big time. Baking, decorating, Christmas music, presents, twinkling lights. If it's wrapped in tinsel, wrapped with a bow, peppermint-flavored, or humming some over-played Christmas carol...I'm there. This year, we get to do the whole shebang with two babes. (I may already be going a little overboard on the 'wish lists' for the kiddos, but shhh, don't tell. It's Christmas)






So, here's to hoping that we are healthy and peppy for the yearly over-stuffing, over-buying, and over-glitzing. I hope that your "pre-holidays" are filled with the good stuff.



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment