Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sleepy Sling Walks.

I've waited all winter for this. For the opportunity to take sling walks when Dexter is fighting sleep. Our usual routine is to lay in bed and nurse until he falls into a deep enough asleep that I can do a ninja switch from myself to a pacifier without him realizing it. Then, I slip out from the covers and sneak from the bedroom, hushed. Most days, this is my calm. The few hours throughout the day spent laying side by side as he nurses to sleep, staring up at my face, gently tracing my lips and chin with his tiny fingers are my idea of bliss. But when life is busier, when our days are shorter, and we have much to do, a walk about with the sling does wonders for my soul as he gently drifts off after wide eyes scanned our surroundings excitedly only moments before.


The weather is dreary here, which is to be expected of Spring, I suppose. Our five day forecast shows cool, almost cold temps accompanied by rain and thunderstorms. I used to welcome the rain with open arms until Oliver reached a certain age. An age where the inability to go out and play can drastically change his demeanor. We need the sunshine, the fresh, warm air. He needs to run...so that I can rest. Just a bit.


So, while the rain was at bay and the temperature was still fair, a walk was just what the doctor ordered today.

I'm past-due on my week 16 post, so I suppose I should cut this short and start working on that. Funny how we sometimes start out at a sprint and start to slow down to a jog, then trot, then a slow-paced walk with things we set out to accomplish. I thought I'd be punctual with my 52 week posts, and even did the first few weeks earlier than needed. Let's hope I can put a little steam in this engine and get moving more steadily soon.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment