Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

12/52

Look at me with my bad self. Not falling too incredibly far behind!

I don't have anything witty to write about, no new developments. I've had a few moments in the last week that have danced across my heart strings and made me realize how blessed I truly am.

My husband.

My husband is the kindest, most sincere, most beautiful soul I've ever come across in my 24 years and I couldn't be luckier to be raising two wild things with such a bleeding heart family-man. He works so hard for me to stay home and sometimes I take advantage of it.

He stays up late watching our favorite shows and chatting with me because he knows that I crave and need the attention and conversation. I need someone to eat junk food and drink beer with long after the kids have fallen asleep, and he does it...half-asleep some nights after getting up at 4:30am to put in his time as a working stiff.

He comes home and changes soiled diapers, fixes broken Lego fortresses, makes dinner, and gives us his all despite his exhaustion.

He is the greatest person I know...and I love him more than words in this window could ever convey.

He's given me two perfect, beautiful little boys and he holds the weight of our family and our financial and emotional needs on his shoulders. He is the man I hope my sons will grow up to mirror.

And after all the years pass and his laugh lines turn to wrinkles, his sandy hair slowly grays and disappears, and we've reached the end of our journey, after walking, running, and sometimes dragging ourselves through it all, I know that he will always be my greatest decision, my very best friend, my heart, my whole, entire heart. And our sons will be so lucky to have such a loving, selfless, strong father to lead them and love them.

And I will be the luckiest wife. And he will love every wrinkle, every curve, every scar on my worn, aged body. We're in this together. God has blessed me with this man. More than I will ever, ever deserve.


P.S. I have a post coming (probably tomorrow if I am feeling especially ambitious) about Dexter turning 10 months. The strangest and most exciting feeling ever.

Cheers to another week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment