Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Butterfly House.

So, to expand on both boys feeling better, I decided to take the boys to the Butterfly House with Grandma for a day of restoration, relaxation, and general well-being. I needed to see the color green, to feel the warm, humid air, and pretend like it wasn't -9 last night. After being cooped up for almost three weeks now, with one person after the other falling ill, Oliver, then Dexter, then me, then Andrew, then Oliver and Dexter all over again, I decided to put on some makeup, do my hair for once, and do something.

To say it was needed would be an understatement. Oliver was so excited to see the all of the fish and stingrays is in the aquarium and wander around the butterfly house, pretending to be a troll under the bridge, marveling at the baby quail, and watching butterflies gingerly land on his sleeves. It was Dexter's first visit to the butterfly house, and his first real chance to touch and explore foliage and hints of springtime and summer as he was so small last year. There was so much wonder in both of their faces, and my heart was just totally peaceful. I wish we could live somewhere that looks and feels like the butterfly house year-round. I'm ready for this blasted snow to melt.

Anyway, here is the over-share of our adventure.


Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment